Competence of the Mayor
(1) The Mayor:
1. Represents the Municipality and acts on its behalf;
2. Controls the legitimacy of Council regulations;
3. Publishes Council regulations in the official organ of the Municipality;
4. Secures the execution of Council decisions,
5. Secures the execution of tasks legally delegated to the Municipality;
6. Initiates and proposes promulgation of regulations within the Council’s competence;
7. Proposes the annual budget and the annual account of the municipal budget;
8. Executes the municipal budget;
9. Appoints directors in the public services established by the Municipality, through a public call;
10. Regularly informs the Council for the execution of the duties within its competences in accord with the Statute;
11. Makes decisions in managerial affairs about the rights, obligations, and interests of legal and natural persons, pursuant to the Law;
12. Promulgates the rulebook for employment systematization of the municipal administration;
13. Manages the municipal administration;
14. Makes decisions on employment, rights, obligations, and responsibilities of the municipal administration employees, unless otherwise defined by Law.
15. Secures correct and legal use, maintenance, and protection of the municipal property, pursuant to the Law and the Statute and
16. Executes other tasks defined under the Law and the Statute.
(2) The Mayor may authorize a Manager of the Municipality to run the procedure and decide in management affairs, as well as to sign acts.
Article 51 – Control of the legitimacy of the regulations before their publication
(1) If the Mayor considers that the Council canon is not in according with Constitution and law , his obligation is in a period of seven days to deliver a decree that will waylay its publishing, and explain the rezones of the same.
(2) The Council is obligate in period of 15 days from the day of publishing the decree, from stance 1 of this member,to examine the decree and decide for the same.
(3) If the Council affirm the canon, the Mayor has obligations to publish it and in the same time to apply initiative for originate a process of valuing the constitution and legality of dispute canon in front of the Constitution court of Republic of Macedonia.
(4) For initiative from stance 3 of this member Mayor has an obligation to inform the Ministry competed for providing of works in local selfgovrmant.